Lime and Potato Fish Curry
May 26, 2021
Healthy Lime and Potato Coconut Curry with Fish
Prep Time 8 minutes
Cook Time 32 minutes
- 450 g sweet potato peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 350 g kipfler potatoes peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tablespoon Finely grated fresh ginger
- 3 teaspoons Finely grated fresh turmeric
- 275 ml Salt-reduced vegetable stock
- 250 ml 1 cup light coconut milk
- 2 Slender eggplants sliced
- 2 Zucchini sliced into rounds
- 600 g Thick white fish such as ling, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 teaspoons Fish sauce
- 1 Lime rind finely grated, juiced, plus extra wedges, to serve
- Fresh Thai basil leaves to serve
Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil. Place over medium-high heat. Add sweet potato, potato and onion. Cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger and turmeric. Season well and stir to coat
Add stock and coconut milk. Bring almost to the boil. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Uncover and simmer for 5 minutes.
Add eggplant and zucchini. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes or until eggplant is tender. Add fish, fish sauce, lime rind and juice. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
Divide curry among serving bowls. Top with basil. Serve with extra lime.
This curry freezes well. Store in an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. It will also keep for up to 2 days in the fridge.