Warm Sweet Potato and Noodle Salad with Chicken and Prawns
Warm sweet potato noodle salad with chicken and prawns
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1 long red chilli thinly sliced
- 2 x 100g packets Obap Sweet Potato Noodles
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh coriander leaves plus extra to serve
- 2/3 cup fresh Thai basil leaves plus extra to serve
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 18 (600cooked king prawns peeled, deveined, tails intact
- 2 gem lettuces roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fried shallots
- Lime wedges to serve
Combine lime juice, fish sauce, sugar and chilli in a large bowl.
Cook noodles following packet directions. Drain and immediately add to dressing in bowl. Toss well to coat (this will stop the noodles from sticking together). Add onion, coriander, mint, basil, chicken and prawns. Toss gently to combine.
Place lettuce over the base of a serving platter. Top with noodle salad and sprinkle with shallots. Sprinkle with extra coriander, mint and basil. Serve with lime wedges.