One-pot healthy chicken pasta
June 11, 2021
One Pot Healthy Chicken Pasta
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large leek trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 175 g wholemeal penne pasta
- 250 g cherry tomatoes halved
- 200 g broccoli cut into small florets
- 250 g shredded cooked skinless chicken breast
- 100 g Coles Chopped Kale
- 1 zucchini thinly sliced into rounds
- 20 g 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan
Heat the oil in a large non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Cook the leek, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic and lemon rind. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the pasta and 500ml (2 cups) water. Bring to the boil then reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 7 minutes.
Add tomato and broccoli to the pan. Stir to combine then cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until liquid has evaporated, pasta is al dente and broccoli is just tender. Stir through chicken, kale and zucchini until heated through and kale is wilted.
Serve pasta sprinkled with parmesan.