Slow-cooked Stuffed Capsicum
June 8, 2021
Slow Cooked Stuffed Capsicums
- 700 ml bottle passata
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 3 cups cooked brown rice & quinoa blend see Note
- 2 zucchini finely chopped
- 150 g feta crumbled, plus extra to serve
- 1/4 cup sliced Kalamata olives drained, rinsed
- 4 large red capsicums
- 1/4 cup finely chopped basil leaves plus extra leaves, to serve
Place passata, onion, garlic and 1/2 cup water in a 5L slow-cooker. Season.
Combine rice blend, zucchini, fetta, olives and basil in a large bowl. Season. Cut top from capsicums and empty each capsicum. Fill with rice mixture. Replace capsicum tops to cover filling. Stand capsicums upright in passata mixture. Cook, covered, on high for 3 1/2 hours.
Serve with extra basil.