Haloumi and Corn Fritter Bites with Avocado Dip
October 23, 2019
Haloumi and corn fritter bites with creamy avocado dip
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 225 g block haloumi cheese grated
- 420 g can corn kernels drained, rinsed
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 avocado chopped
- 1/4 cup plain Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves plus extra leaves to serve
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced. Place 1/2 teaspoon oil in each hole of a 24-hole (1 1/2-tablespoon-capacitmini muffin pan. Place in oven for 5 minutes to heat up.
Meanwhile, combine haloumi, corn, egg, flour, lemon rind and chives in a bowl.
Divide mixture among prepared holes. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden and crisp. Stand in pans for 2 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack.
Meanwhile, process avocado, yoghurt, lemon juice, coriander and garlic powder until smooth.
Sprinkle bites with extra coriander. Serve with avocado dip.