Asian- Style Braised Beef Short Ribs with Chinese Broccoli
Asian-style Braised Beef Short Ribs with Chinese Broccoli
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1.2 kg beef short ribs see notes
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 carrot sliced
- 1 cup 250ml light soy sauce
- 1 firmly packed cup 250g brown sugar
- 4 star anise
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup 125ml rice wine vinegar
- 2 cups 500ml Massel beef stock
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 spring onions sliced
- Steamed rice to serve
- Chinese broccoli to serve
- Sliced red chilli to serve
Preheat the oven to 160°C.
Heat oil in a flameproof casserole over medium-high heat. Season the beef, then in batches, cook for 3-4 minutes until browned all over. Remove from pan.
Serve beef with rice, Chinese broccoli, chilli and remaining spring onion.